Published 6th November 2016
Last update [14th February 2017 *New release*]
So what’s in it for the editor?
Hold your hat! Well none…
No, not if you’re going from late version of 9 to 10, only some changes happens under the hood.
The major versioning system is more a technical thing rather than a market communication event type of thing. The up versioning from 9 to 10 is pointing out that there are incompatible API changes that are needed for the developers to address.
New tech stuff with CMS 10 that might be of interest for editors:
- Pages that expired, is not redirecting to login page, it’s handled like a 404 Not Found. Great!
- All dates are saved in UTC (Coordinated Universal Time) in the database. Good for those who publish site pages in a multinational context.
- Well, not so much more, even if there are more than 50 changes.
- *New release* [7th November 2016] Episerver Social is released. A cloud based addon for simplifying and standardizing commenting, rating, groups, moderation and activity stream. And no there is for the moment no web editor ui “built in”.
- *New release* [14th November 2016] Content approvals (beta) This is the first release of the Content Approvals feature, which enables administrators to set up approval sequences containing a number of steps that editors have to collaborate on and approve to be able to publish the content.
- *New release* [5th December 2016] Assets Pane: Handle multiple assets
The assets pane can now handle multiple selection of folders and items (version 10.2)
- *New release* [12th December 2016] Projects enabled by default Project mode will now be enabled by default (version 10.2)
Okey, I’ll give you some old news, here is a summarized feature list from the first version of CMS 9 to CMS 10: (June 2015 – October 2016)
- Episerver Projects is released and is a great feature when publishing/updating a bunch of pages in a project. With collaboration activity feed and commenting.
- Episerver Forms is now mature in v4 (only for MVC sites) with marketing automation connectors
- Rebranded UI interface, from colorful to more red tones, accordingly to Episerver branding profile.
- New User notifications API – (the small bell up right corner)
- For Commerce: New Campaign and Discount system, Improved order management and Inventory management in new Cataloge UI.
- A couple of Market Automation Addons released.
Some statistics of Episerver 9 (dev related):
- New CMS features : 41
- CMS bug fixes: 221
- New Commerce features: 42
- Commerce bug fixes: 269
- New features “Other Episerver AddOns” (mostly Forms): 35
- Bug fixes “Other Episerver AddOns” (mostly Forms): 69
So, alot´s going on, hope to see more news at Ascend Nordic 2016, see you there!
Developers out there, let me know if I missed anything! Comment! Cheers.
- [15th November 2016 – Episerver Social]
- [25th November 2016 – Content Approvals]
- [14th February 2017 – Assets Pane & Projects enabled by default]